Conference Terms and Conditions
We ask all hirers to kindly ensure that the following guidelines are observed when using these facilities:
- A fully completed Booking Form to be submitted in advance.
- Rooms, furniture and equipment must be left in the condition in which they were found.
- Windows to be closed and lights switched off.
- No pins, blutac or sellotape should be used on any walls.
- An extra charge will be made for any damage caused by the hirer. Electrical equipment brought on to the premises must carry a current PAT Testing Certificate.
- Rooms must be vacated promptly at the end of the booked session. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee for each hour, or part of an hour beyond the booked times.
- Catering orders, including special requirements, must be placed in advance.
- In the event that no food selection is specified we will provide a Chef's selection
- Customers own food and drink may not be consumed on the premises.
- We encourage a car sharing policy. South Wigston is a short walk from our Centre. Buses run from the door to the City Centre on various routes, please ask for details.
- We do however have parking for up to 70 cars.
- Cars are parked at owner's risk. The Salvation Army will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles parked on the Salvation Army site.
- Strictly no parking in streets surrounding the Centre.
Cancellation Of Booking
In order to help you plan your event, please note the following charges made on cancellation, which apply to the whole Booking Fee, including catering and equipment:
- At least 28 days notice: No charge
- 21-27 days notice: 25% total charge
- 14-20 days notice: 50% total charge
- 7-13days notice: 75% total charge
- less than 7 days notice: 100% charge
- Customers are asked to ensure that activities do not cause any nuisance to the surrounding neighbourhood.
- Customers must not allow smoking, the manufacture, sale, supply use or consumption of alcohol or drugs; or the production or distribution or showing of pornographic material or offensive video recordings; nor to permit any form of gambling whilst in the building (An ash bin is provided for smokers outside the west entrance to the building (opposite the entrance to the car park).
- Customers must indemnify The Salvation Army against any claim arising out of the use of the accommodation booked and should take out adequate third party insurance with a reputable insurance company to cover the activities to be undertaken during the period booked, and to produce evidence of this insurance cover upon request.
- In the event that people under the age of 16 will be permitted by the Customer to enter into the accommodation booked you confirm that you are familiar with the Home Office Code of Practice Safe from Harm, understand it and undertake that you will follow that code of practice in relation to your work with youth and young people under the age of 16 years.
The Salvation Army reserves the right not to accept a booking for any activity which is incompatible with Salvation Army ethos and principles.